It’s time for the EPX In Bloom Gardening Contest! Featuring window boxes, planters, and arrangements, all homes within EPX boundaries with growing displays are welcome to enter and win prizes.
1. Entrants must live within the EPX boundaries (between Tasker and Snyder, Broad and 6th Streets)
2. Gardening display must be at the front of the house and in view of the public.
3. Display can be single planter/window box or multiple containers/window boxes, etc.
4. Display must use live plants designed, planted, and maintained by the resident/entrant.
5. Entrant acknowledges their home will be included in a walking tour map of all displays.
6. Judging will be done by a panel of judges and a popular vote on the EPX Facebook page. Entrants need to provide a photo of their garden display to be posted to the Facebook page. If you are unable to submit a photo, you can contact us to take a photo on your behalf. Photos will be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact David Gana at email@example.com
As an entrant in this contest your address will be used for a walking tour map of the gardens and that the image of my garden will be posted on the EPX Facebook page.
Click for the full application
EPX is pleased to announce the 4th Annual Italian Red Gravy Cook-Off. Taking place Sunday, April 22, 2018, from 4-6pm at Ss. Neumann and Goretti High School, this event is a chance for residents to celebrate the heritage and traditions of the neighborhood.
The entry form is now open for any amature chefs looking to showcase their best Sunday Gravy in this blind-tasting event. With $400 in prizes for Judges’ Choice and Crowd Favorite, this is an exciting opportunity to show off your culinary skills. Competitors will need to prepare approximately 2 gallons of homemade sauce, vegetarian, seafood, red meat, or other variety. The East Passyunk Crossing Civic Association will provide pre-cooked pasta in chafing dishes on the day of the event. All red gravy submissions will be served in a 4 oz. tasting cup to attendees and judges.
To compete fill out this form. Contestants receive two complimentary tickets to the event
If you’re more of an eater than a cook, this is also an event for you. Come to the event to enjoy the different gravies over macaroni (or as some say, “pasta”), fresh salads, breads, and homemade desserts. A complimentary Buckingham Valley Wine tasting will be provided by Vin Cafe (ages 21+) with additional glasses available for purchase. Buy your ticket today
All proceeds benefit the East Passyunk Crossing Civic Association.
February Membership Meeting – Monday, February 5, 2018
Join us for our General Membership Meeting on Monday, February 5th at 7PM at the East Passyunk Community Center. Come out and meet our 2018 Board of Directors!
Our meeting will also feature guest speaker Joseph McColgan, President of Ss John Neumann and Maria Goretti High School, who will provide updates on their educational and community initiatives.
Girl Scouts of Eastern PA Troop Number 9943 will be selling Girl Scout cookies, and we’ll have plenty to go around during our post-meeting social/networking hour.
Hope to see you there!
The March 2016 General Membership Meeting will be held on Monday, March 7th at 7PM. The meeting will take place at the East Passyunk Community Center at 1025 Mifflin Street.
You are invited to participate in our survey measuring public perception and understanding of Green City, Clean Waters. Green City, Clean Waters is Philadelphia’s 25-year plan to reduce stormwater pollution currently entering our creeks and rivers through the use of Green Infrastructure like rain gardens and stormwater tree trenches. In this survey, you will be asked to answer questions about your demographics, viewpoints and understanding of Green Stormwater Infrastructure. It will take approximately five minutes to complete this 18-question survey. Thank you very much for your time and support. Please start with the survey now by clicking here.
The February 2016 EPX General Membership Meeting will be held on Monday, February 1st at 7PM. The meeting will held at the East Passyunk Community Center (1025 Mifflin Street).
The agenda is coming soon, but here is a sneak peek:
- An update on the Water Department’s work on 10th Street
- An update on progress at Bok
- Girl Scout Cookies for sale!!
See you there!