NOTE: THIS WALK HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO THE WEATHER!!
We’ll walk January 17th and 26th, starting at 7pm. We will meet at the corner of 11th and Mifflin.
**Walks are scheduled on the first and third Wednesdays of each month starting at the corner of 11th & Mifflin Streets at 7:00pm**
Questions or want to get involved? Email us at townwatch at epcrossing dot org!
The Clean and Green Committee will meet on January 22nd from 6:30pm to 7:30pm. This meeting will take place at the South Philadelphia Branch of the Free Library, located at Broad and Morris Street.
January’s General Membership meeting will be on Monday, January 8, 2007 at 7pm in the St. Agnes Continuing Care Center (northwest corner of Broad and McKean).
We’ll recap the busy month of December and welcome the folks from PhillyCarShare for an overview of their innovative and pragmatic model which aims to “maximize the economic, environmental, and social benefits of reduced automobile dependence in the Philadelphia region through community-based car sharing”.
Agenda: Continue reading
The next Public Safety/Townwatch meeting will be Tuesday, January 9th from 7-8pm.
**NEW LOCATION: ST. AGNES **
Neumann Room (Ask at front desk)
Happy New Year Everyone!
Just a reminder as we kick off 2007:
Town Watch Walk
11th & Mifflin Streets
The East Passyunk Crossing Civic Association (EPX) would like to congratulate the winners of our First Annual Holiday Raffle and extend thanks to the generous donors who provided us with exceptional prizes!
Our raffle raised over $1,000, all of which will go towards our mission of safeguarding and improving our neighborhood.
Congratulations to our winners: Continue reading
Gift Baskets – baskets compliments of Cellini’s – 1710 E. Passyunk Ave.
1) “Head-to-Toe”: $185 value featuring gift certificates for:
- Headhunters Hair Salon – 1718 E. Passyunk Ave.: $25
- 1601 (bar & restaurant) – 1601 S. 10th St.: $30
- Mr. Tee’s – 1201 Snyder Ave.: $30
- Reliable Floor Covering Co. – 1600 E. Passyunk Ave.: $100
2) “Shop-and-Dine EPX” : $165 value featuring gift certificates for:
3) “Dining Italian-Style” : $100 value featuring gift certificates for:
- Isgro’s Pasticceria – 1009 Christian St.: $20
- La Cucina Varallo – 1635 S. 10th St.: $25
- Mike & Matt’s Market (formerly Nino’s) – 1206 Mifflin St.: $30
- Positano Coast – 212 Walnut St.: $25
- “Get Fit in EPX” : Absolute Definition Gym – 2027 S. Juniper St., 2nd floor: 1-month gym membership with personal training sessions ($150 value)
- “Entertain the Kids” : Please Touch Museum – 210 North 21st St. 1 year, 4-person membership ($100 value)
- “Uptown Dining” : The Capital Grille – 1338 Chestnut St. $100 gift certificate According to Philadelphia Magazine, “The Capital Grille is worth a special trip” and won “Best of Philly Steakhouse 2004″.