Gift Baskets – baskets compliments of Cellini’s – 1710 E. Passyunk Ave.
1) “Head-to-Toe”: $185 value featuring gift certificates for:
- Headhunters Hair Salon – 1718 E. Passyunk Ave.: $25
- 1601 (bar & restaurant) – 1601 S. 10th St.: $30
- Mr. Tee’s – 1201 Snyder Ave.: $30
- Reliable Floor Covering Co. – 1600 E. Passyunk Ave.: $100
2) “Shop-and-Dine EPX” : $165 value featuring gift certificates for:
3) “Dining Italian-Style” : $100 value featuring gift certificates for:
- Isgro’s Pasticceria – 1009 Christian St.: $20
- La Cucina Varallo – 1635 S. 10th St.: $25
- Mike & Matt’s Market (formerly Nino’s) – 1206 Mifflin St.: $30
- Positano Coast – 212 Walnut St.: $25
- “Get Fit in EPX” : Absolute Definition Gym – 2027 S. Juniper St., 2nd floor: 1-month gym membership with personal training sessions ($150 value)
- “Entertain the Kids” : Please Touch Museum – 210 North 21st St. 1 year, 4-person membership ($100 value)
- “Uptown Dining” : The Capital Grille – 1338 Chestnut St. $100 gift certificate According to Philadelphia Magazine, “The Capital Grille is worth a special trip” and won “Best of Philly Steakhouse 2004″.
The next Clean and Green meeting will be Monday, December 18th from 6:30-7:30pm at the South Philadelphia Branch of the Free Library (Broad and Morris Streets).
The focus of this meeting is on developing a Strategic Plan for “cleaning” our neighborhood in the coming year. See discussion outline.
We’ll also hold the drawing for the Holiday Raffle winners!
The next Public Safety/Townwatch meeting will be Wednesday, December 13, from 7-8pm.
**NEW LOCATION: ST. AGNES **
Conference Room D (Ask at front desk)
Corner of Broad and McKean
We’ll be voting on protocols, plan “walk” schedule to start 2007, and address open committee positions.
Bring Your Broom! Join us on Saturday, December 9, 2006
The next cleanup will tackle 10th Street–we’ll sweep the length of 10th Street, from Snyder to Tasker. Join your neighbors to help us bag up those remaining autumn-colored leaves!
when? 10:30 am – 1 pm
Meet at: 10th & Snyder
We’ll have coffee and donuts at the start, and refreshments at the finish at the 1601 Bar (10th/Tasker). Questions? contact beautification at epcrossing dot org
We walk tonight, Wednesday, December 6, at 7pm! Meet at Tolentine at 7pm. Continue reading
The next Block Captains meeting will be held immediately after the December General Membership Meeting:
Monday, December 4, 2006 at 8pm-ish
St. Agnes Continuing Care Facility (Broad and McKean)
We need block captains, so spread the word and hope to see you there!
The December General Meeting will be Monday December 4, 2006 at 7pm in the St. Agnes Continuing Care Center.
In addition to reviewing November activities we’ll be happy to welcome Debra McCarty, deputy director of the Philadelphia Water Department, to the meeting. She’ll be talking about what PWD is doing to address the flooding issues in our neighborhood and will be available for questions. Continue reading