It’s been a quiet month, with no new applications for zoning variances. So, our December meeting has been cancelled. Instead, why not knock on your neighbor’s door and say hello? See you in January; we hope you’re having a safe and happy holiday season.
Help us provide 25 local families with a Thanksgiving Dinner
Councilman Mark Squilla’s office has generously donated 25 turkeys to help launch our campaign to provide 25 local families with a Thanksgiving dinner. We’re committed to raising $800 over the next few days to so that the families have a complete meal. Please consider donating towards our cause – any amount will help!
Each family will receive a full meal including, turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, shell pasta and cheese, string beans, peas, corn, candied yams, corn, cranberry sauce, apple sauce, desserts and more.
Please note that we are raising funds to purchase the items rather than asking for canned-good donations.
Every contribution counts. Please consider donating today.
EPX will be assembling the bagged meals Tuesday, November 20 from 6:00pm-7:30pm at the East Passyunk Community Center. We will be distributing the bagged meals to confirmed families from 7:30pm-9pm at the East Passyunk Community Center.
If you’re interested in volunteering in any capacity, or if you have a friend or neighbor struggling this season who could benefit from a Thanksgiving meal, please reach out to email@example.com.
Thank you so much!
Please join us for our monthly zoning meeting, coming up this Wednesday, November 14th at 7pm. Meetings are held at the East Passyunk Community Rec Center at 1025 Mifflin Street. All are welcome to attend. See this month’s agenda, below.
Interested in a free tree for your yard?
Register to get a FREE yard tree from East Passyunk Civic Association HERE.
Pickup will be on Sunday October 14th 2018, from 10am to 12pm, at 1025 Mifflin Street.
Hi, everyone. Just wanted to let you know that the zoning committee meeting for July has been cancelled. No new projects to discuss this month. Hope you’re enjoying your summer so far!
Zoning Meeting: Wednesday, June 13th @ 7pm
The June Zoning Meeting will be held Wednesday, June 13th at 7pm at the East Passyunk Community Center at 1025 Mifflin Street. Open to the public.
641 Morris Street (RSA-5)
Variance for the creation of one off-street parking space accessory to a single-family dwelling.
1826-28 South 11th Street (CMX-2)
Variance for manufacturing and distribution of tofu in an existing one-story structure.
It’s time for the EPX In Bloom Gardening Contest! Featuring window boxes, planters, and arrangements, all homes within EPX boundaries with growing displays are welcome to enter and win prizes.
1. Entrants must live within the EPX boundaries (between Tasker and Snyder, Broad and 6th Streets)
2. Gardening display must be at the front of the house and in view of the public.
3. Display can be single planter/window box or multiple containers/window boxes, etc.
4. Display must use live plants designed, planted, and maintained by the resident/entrant.
5. Entrant acknowledges their home will be included in a walking tour map of all displays.
6. Judging will be done by a panel of judges and a popular vote on the EPX Facebook page. Entrants need to provide a photo of their garden display to be posted to the Facebook page. If you are unable to submit a photo, you can contact us to take a photo on your behalf. Photos will be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact David Gana at email@example.com
As an entrant in this contest your address will be used for a walking tour map of the gardens and that the image of my garden will be posted on the EPX Facebook page.