Saturday April 6th you are invited to help clean up East Passyunk Crossing. Neighbors will meet at the community garden for coffee, pastries, and instructions and then we’ll hit the streets with brooms and shovels to pick up trash around Mifflin, 7th, McKean, and 8th streets, as well as smaller streets in between. This is a family friendly event, and a great way to make an impact in your neighborhood.
Interested in a free tree for your yard?
Register to get a FREE yard tree from East Passyunk Civic Association HERE.
Pickup will be on Sunday October 14th 2018, from 10am to 12pm, at 1025 Mifflin Street.
It’s time for the EPX In Bloom Gardening Contest! Featuring window boxes, planters, and arrangements, all homes within EPX boundaries with growing displays are welcome to enter and win prizes.
1. Entrants must live within the EPX boundaries (between Tasker and Snyder, Broad and 6th Streets)
2. Gardening display must be at the front of the house and in view of the public.
3. Display can be single planter/window box or multiple containers/window boxes, etc.
4. Display must use live plants designed, planted, and maintained by the resident/entrant.
5. Entrant acknowledges their home will be included in a walking tour map of all displays.
6. Judging will be done by a panel of judges and a popular vote on the EPX Facebook page. Entrants need to provide a photo of their garden display to be posted to the Facebook page. If you are unable to submit a photo, you can contact us to take a photo on your behalf. Photos will be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact David Gana at email@example.com
As an entrant in this contest your address will be used for a walking tour map of the gardens and that the image of my garden will be posted on the EPX Facebook page.
The Philadelphia Horticultural Society is offering free trees to EPX residents. The trees will be provided by PHS and planted by EPX volunteers. If you are interested in registering submit an application by May 6th for Nov 2018 planting.
FALL 2017 TREE PLANTING NOVEMBER 18TH @ 9:30 a.m.
We will be planting over 20 trees this time around, so we’ll need more volunteers than usual. Please come out and lend a hand!
Stay tuned for more details on our Facebook event page!
FALL STREET CLEAN-UP! November 4th @ 10:00 a.m.
Meet at the EPX Community Garden (entrance on Watkins St. between 10th and 11th) at 10:00 a.m. for coffee and a light breakfast then head out with your neighbors to help clean our streets!
Our fall 2017 street tree planting is coming up!
Please mark your calendars for Saturday, November 18th at 9:30 AM.
We’ll meet at our usual spot – the community garden on Neumann Goretti’s campus (entrance on Watkins between 10th & 11th St.). We’ll get everyone acquainted with tree planting basics and then we’ll head out to the planting sites in small groups of 3 or so people. We’ll need a few folks to volunteer as “runners,” delivering some of the heavier items (stake drivers, trees) to each group. Gloves and tools provided; please wear layers and comfortable shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
*Coffee and pastries from a local shop will be provided*
We’re accepting street tree applications for our Spring 2018 planting. If you know anyone who is interested in a tree, please send them this link to apply. We can get significantly more applications if we do some door-to-door canvassing and hang flyers on well-traveled routes. We could really use some help with this effort! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in helping out and we can provide you with printed flyers (also attached here).