Below find the minutes from the current calendar year. For a listing of all minutes, please visit the link for archived minutes below. Please note that all minutes are considered “draft” until they have been approved at the following general membership meeting.

EPX General Membership Meeting Minutes Archive

East Passyunk Crossing Civic Association – General Membership Meeting
Monday, March 5, 7:00pm; East Passyunk Community Center

Call to Order: Leon Malloy 7:07PM
Approval of Agenda: 1st: JFM 2nd: Tom Lombardi
Approval February GM Meeting Minutes: 1st: Sequoia Medley, David Gana

Executive Officer Reports:

  • President: Leon Malloy
    • Met w/ Sarah Anton about future collabs
    • Met w/Sequoia to help her launch social media/webmaster
    • Met w/Stefanie to discuss her board and leadership in the garden
    • Attended Feb Events meeting
    • Attended Feb Zoning meeting
    • Brainstormed w/Ellen Kita
    • Met w/concerned neighbor about safety at Mifflin Square Triangle
    • Met w/Chelsea to streamline Paypal account
  • Vice President: Ellen Kita
    • Met w/Leon
    • Worked on collecting donations for upcoming events/fundraisers
  • Corresponding Secretary: Beth Dougherty
    • Absent
  • Recording Secretary: Anna Reed
    • Minutes for Feb GM & Board
    • Agenda for March GM & Board
    • Researched & sent out a “how to” elevator pitch for the Board
    • Updated membership attendance & list
  • Treasurer: Chelsea Conway
    • See report below
    • Met w/Beth to review Friends of Southwark finances
    • Set up separate account for FOS

Committee Reports:

  • Beautification: David Gana
    • Jen Tepel is stepping down as Tree Tender Leader.  Looking for a volunteer to take over.
    • Street Clean Up: April 7
      • Looking for suggestions
    • Tree Planting: April 21
      • Planting 24 trees!
  • Education:Nicole
    • Volunteers still working on setting up & opening the library
    • School yard is getting transformed into a playground.  The front of the school will become a public/community space.  Mural Arts is collaborating with neighbors to transform the space.
      • Meetings are next few monday mornings.  
      • Not meant to be an exclusively kids area
      • Want input from neighbors
      • Building expected to begin in June
  • Events: Actively Recruiting Chair
  • Zoning/Planning: Peter Iezzi
    • 945 Siegel
      • Small addition on back of property
      • All in Favor
    • 1630 S. 7th
      • Turn 2 unit into 3 unit
      • All opposed

At-Large Committee Members Reports:

  • Laura Cella
    • Prepared refreshments for general membership meeting
  • Stephanie Dellavalentina
    • Community Garden co-chair
      • some plots are open, get your application in!
  • Darren Fava
    • Community Garden
      • looking for volunteers to help with community area plantings
  • Samantha Gross
    • See Gravy Event
  • Thomas Lombardi
    • Attended Events meeting
  • Joseph F. Marino
    • Will help with Red Gravy
    • EPCC
      • Movie night was very well attended
      • Jazz night was a success
      • March 1 was Eleanor Roosevelt show
      • March 31: Egg Hunt & Petting Zoo
        • Register on Event Brite to guarantee a spot in the petting zoo: FREE
      • April 14:Craft Fair
      • Community Design Collaborative plans for redesigning the front area have come in
        • Now to get final approval and fundraise
      • Join a Bocce league!!
  • Sequoia Medley
    • Attended Edu Mtg
    • Discussed web site with Leon
    • Tried to get web presence up and running
    • Please email pictures and events to Sequoia and we can post/promote

Old Business:

  • None

New Business:

  • Spring Clean Up- April 7
  • Tree Tender spring Planting- April 21
  • East Passyunk Red Gravy Cook-Off: April 22 4-6 @ NG
    • Competitors bring their gravy & voted by attendees & “celebrity” judges
    • A community get together, not a fundraiser
    • $20 ticket

Order of the Day:

  • John Digiulio from Phila Water Department
    • Implementing quality of life measures
      • putting in fences for safety and cleanliness (dust)
      • proper signage
      • Proper site maintenance
    • Anyone having work done by the water dept will replace lead service lines they will replace for free

Adjournment: 8:06 PM

Announcements: None