No General Membership Meeting: July & August
EPX General Meetings are scheduled from September through June. During the July and August summer months, we take a break from regularly-scheduled meetings. However, we do host Zoning meetings on the second Wednesday of each month.
Stay tuned for more information on our upcoming Summer Social in August!
Zoning Meeting: Wednesday, June 13th @ 7pm
The June Zoning Meeting will be held Wednesday, June 13th at 7pm at the East Passyunk Community Center at 1025 Mifflin Street. Open to the public.
641 Morris Street (RSA-5)
Variance for the creation of one off-street parking space accessory to a single-family dwelling.
1826-28 South 11th Street (CMX-2)
Variance for manufacturing and distribution of tofu in an existing one-story structure.
It’s time for the EPX In Bloom Gardening Contest! Featuring window boxes, planters, and arrangements, all homes within EPX boundaries with growing displays are welcome to enter and win prizes.
1. Entrants must live within the EPX boundaries (between Tasker and Snyder, Broad and 6th Streets)
2. Gardening display must be at the front of the house and in view of the public.
3. Display can be single planter/window box or multiple containers/window boxes, etc.
4. Display must use live plants designed, planted, and maintained by the resident/entrant.
5. Entrant acknowledges their home will be included in a walking tour map of all displays.
6. Judging will be done by a panel of judges and a popular vote on the EPX Facebook page. Entrants need to provide a photo of their garden display to be posted to the Facebook page. If you are unable to submit a photo, you can contact us to take a photo on your behalf. Photos will be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact David Gana at email@example.com
As an entrant in this contest your address will be used for a walking tour map of the gardens and that the image of my garden will be posted on the EPX Facebook page.
Click for the full application
The April Zoning Committee meeting, originally scheduled for Wednesday, April 11th at 7pm, has been CANCELLED. No new developments to discuss this month! Our next regularly scheduled meeting is Wednesday, May 9th at 7pm.
The Philadelphia Horticultural Society is offering free trees to EPX residents. The trees will be provided by PHS and planted by EPX volunteers. If you are interested in registering submit an application by May 6th for Nov 2018 planting.
EPX is pleased to announce the 4th Annual Italian Red Gravy Cook-Off. Taking place Sunday, April 22, 2018, from 4-6pm at Ss. Neumann and Goretti High School, this event is a chance for residents to celebrate the heritage and traditions of the neighborhood.
The entry form is now open for any amature chefs looking to showcase their best Sunday Gravy in this blind-tasting event. With $400 in prizes for Judges’ Choice and Crowd Favorite, this is an exciting opportunity to show off your culinary skills. Competitors will need to prepare approximately 2 gallons of homemade sauce, vegetarian, seafood, red meat, or other variety. The East Passyunk Crossing Civic Association will provide pre-cooked pasta in chafing dishes on the day of the event. All red gravy submissions will be served in a 4 oz. tasting cup to attendees and judges.
To compete fill out this form. Contestants receive two complimentary tickets to the event
If you’re more of an eater than a cook, this is also an event for you. Come to the event to enjoy the different gravies over macaroni (or as some say, “pasta”), fresh salads, breads, and homemade desserts. A complimentary Buckingham Valley Wine tasting will be provided by Vin Cafe (ages 21+) with additional glasses available for purchase. Buy your ticket today
All proceeds benefit the East Passyunk Crossing Civic Association.