Welcome To EPX
EPX spans Broad to 6th, Tasker to Snyder and aims to provide a forum for our neighborhood to have voice and visibility in how the community develops, to bring folks together who have an interest in improving the quality of life in our public spaces, while celebrating the diverse and vibrant character of the neighborhood.
Latest News and Events
Four of the Top 100 “Foodie Restaurants” are in EPX!
Zoning Meeting: Wednesday, September 17th at 7PM
Join us for our zoning meeting on Wednesday, September 17th at Neumann Goretti’s Media Libray (Room 211) at 7PM.
700 Moore St (CMX-1): Variance for takeout restaurant.
800 McKean St (CMX-1): Variance for two residential units on second and third floor with existing commercial use on first floor.
Children’s Hospital Community Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
Here are the highlights of recent meeting held with CHOP as it pertains to the project at Broad and Morris:
Loss of Parking and Barrier/Site Fencing Installation
- Starting on September 10, 2014 there will be no parking on the south side of Morris St. and the north side of Castle St., along the borders of the new project.
- Starting on the morning of September 11, 2014, the existing construction fence will be modified (the bottom portion of the fencing will be a solid barrier, with the top portion a fencing) and relocated into the street, temporarily eliminating the parking lanes on the south side of Morris St. and the north side of Castle St., along the borders of the new project.
- CHOP has already distributed letters letting the neighbors know this would be occurring, though not specifying the date. On September 8, CHOP will distribute letters to the houses across from the project reiterating the temporary loss of parking.
- Demolition Activities are scheduled to start on September 12, 2014 and will take approximately 4 weeks to complete.
- The site will be flattened and then construction is scheduled to start in mid – October with foundations being the 1st construction activity.
- Perryman, the Construction Manager for the project, is scheduling pest control for early next week, ahead of the start of demolition.
- Perryman is responsible for the cleanliness of the site and for trash removal from the site and is arranging to have the existing trash on site removed. They will also maintain the site throughout construction.
- There will be security cameras erected shortly along with signs that indicate the site is being monitored by cameras. This should help with people tossing their trash onto the site.
- Please continue to use CHOPcommunity@email.chop.edu and 267-426-6904 for any question and concerns.
- Questions of a technical nature will require time to respond.
- RCOs will continue to use their email lists to communicate information relevant to the project.
- Community Advisory Committee meetings will alternate sites for future meetings.
- A doodle poll will be going out for our October meeting shortly.
General Membership Meeting – Monday, September 8, 2014
Welcome back to EPX!
Join us for our first General Membership Meeting after the Summer break.
Monday, September 8, 2014, 7:00pm
Ss. Neumann-Goretti Cafeteria
See agenda below:
View the minutes to the last General Membership Meeting: June 2014 General Membership Minutes
Sidewalk Sale On The Avenue – Saturday September 13
Antique/Vintage Flea Market + Sidewalk Sale
Saturday, September 13, 8am-4pm (rain date September 14)
Parking Lot between Tasker & Morris
Shop from antique and vintage furniture, housewares, clothing, jewelry, knick knacks, memorabilia and more. This year there will also be hosting a sidewalk sale between Morris and Mifflin filled with Avenue retailers offering special sales.