This holiday season EPX is partnering with United Communities to raise funds and collect donations for a toy drive for local South Philadelphia children. This #givingTuesday please support EPX’s charitable drive to raise money and accept donations of new toys for kids 0-18. Although toys of all age ranges will be gratefully appreciated, older children are often overlooked in holiday toy drives, and teens are much more aware of what they have or do not compared to their peers than an infant or toddler. Consider donating a teen-specific gift to our drive, or a monetary donation to allow us to buy age-appropriate and appreciated gifts for kids in our neighborhood.
We are collecting new gifts and toys at the East Passyunk Crossing Civic center, located at 1025 Mifflin. Some suggested items include:
- Sports equipment: basketballs, soccer balls, baseballs and gloves, footballs, tennis rackets, tennis balls
- Art supplies: Colored pencils, paint, brushes, sketch pads
- Games: board games, card games, collectable cards
- Journals: a blank journal or one with daily prompts
- Movie passes and gift cards
- Jewelry and purses
- Beauty items: make-up, lotion, nail polish, perfume
- Hats and scarves
There are more ways to contribute! Join us on Saturday December 14th from 10:30am-1pm for a wrapping party at the East Passyunk Community Center, 1025 Mifflin St. We will be wrapping and labeling contents of the donated and purchased gifts for easy distribution of United Communities to our neighbors in need.
Thank you for your generous contribution to our neighbors in need this holiday season.