NOTE: THIS WALK HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO THE WEATHER!!
We’ll walk January 17th and 26th, starting at 7pm. We will meet at the corner of 11th and Mifflin.
**Walks are scheduled on the first and third Wednesdays of each month starting at the corner of 11th & Mifflin Streets at 7:00pm**
Questions or want to get involved? Email us at townwatch at epcrossing dot org!
January’s General Membership meeting will be on Monday, January 8, 2007 at 7pm in the St. Agnes Continuing Care Center (northwest corner of Broad and McKean).
We’ll recap the busy month of December and welcome the folks from PhillyCarShare for an overview of their innovative and pragmatic model which aims to “maximize the economic, environmental, and social benefits of reduced automobile dependence in the Philadelphia region through community-based car sharing”.
Agenda: Continue reading
EPX and all Philadelphians can take part in an effort to improve the quality of debate during the 2007 city elections and to write a forward-looking agenda for the region. This is an effort by the Inquirer Editorial Board, the U of P, the Annenberg School for Communication and the Fels Institute of Government. Register your thoughts and schedule yourself to attend a neighborhood citizens forum. See the calendar and get all the details at http://go.philly.com/registration, and don’t forget to list East Passyunk Crossing as your neighborhood!
The East Passyunk Crossing Civic Association (EPX) would like to congratulate the winners of our First Annual Holiday Raffle and extend thanks to the generous donors who provided us with exceptional prizes!
Our raffle raised over $1,000, all of which will go towards our mission of safeguarding and improving our neighborhood.
Congratulations to our winners: Continue reading
Gift Baskets – baskets compliments of Cellini’s – 1710 E. Passyunk Ave.
1) “Head-to-Toe”: $185 value featuring gift certificates for:
- Headhunters Hair Salon – 1718 E. Passyunk Ave.: $25
- 1601 (bar & restaurant) – 1601 S. 10th St.: $30
- Mr. Tee’s – 1201 Snyder Ave.: $30
- Reliable Floor Covering Co. – 1600 E. Passyunk Ave.: $100
2) “Shop-and-Dine EPX” : $165 value featuring gift certificates for:
3) “Dining Italian-Style” : $100 value featuring gift certificates for:
- Isgro’s Pasticceria – 1009 Christian St.: $20
- La Cucina Varallo – 1635 S. 10th St.: $25
- Mike & Matt’s Market (formerly Nino’s) – 1206 Mifflin St.: $30
- Positano Coast – 212 Walnut St.: $25
- “Get Fit in EPX” : Absolute Definition Gym – 2027 S. Juniper St., 2nd floor: 1-month gym membership with personal training sessions ($150 value)
- “Entertain the Kids” : Please Touch Museum – 210 North 21st St. 1 year, 4-person membership ($100 value)
- “Uptown Dining” : The Capital Grille – 1338 Chestnut St. $100 gift certificate According to Philadelphia Magazine, “The Capital Grille is worth a special trip” and won “Best of Philly Steakhouse 2004″.
It may feel a little more like Halloween outside, BUT it is just a few days from the “Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” and in order to assist you in your gift giving the Board of Directors of EPX is sponsoring a Raffle!
Area merchants have graciously donated $800 worth of prizes, which will be raffled off in three Holiday Baskets (each valued from $100-$185) and three individual prizes. Baskets, compliments of Cellini’s, contain gift certificates from restaurant and retail favorites along Passyunk Avenue, the Italian Market, and around the city. Please patronize these businesses and tell them we sent you!
Tickets are $10–this is the first major fund-raiser for our Association so we ask for everyone’s support. Even if you don’t celebrate anything special this time of year, and we have NOT saved you any shopping, come buy tickets anyway and if you win spend the prizes on yourself! Happy Holidays!
Want tickets? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raffle winners will be announced at the December 18th “Clean and Green” meeting and winners need not be present to win.
Bring Your Broom! Join us on Saturday, December 9, 2006
The next cleanup will tackle 10th Street–we’ll sweep the length of 10th Street, from Snyder to Tasker. Join your neighbors to help us bag up those remaining autumn-colored leaves!
when? 10:30 am – 1 pm
Meet at: 10th & Snyder
We’ll have coffee and donuts at the start, and refreshments at the finish at the 1601 Bar (10th/Tasker). Questions? contact beautification at epcrossing dot org