In these strange times, many of us feel adrift and aren’t quite sure what to do to help others. In the first few weeks of the coronavirus, EPX donated breakfast and lunch to frontline healthcare workers at Methodist hospital and it was tremendously satisfying to know we were making a difference in a long and stressful day. We’d like to do it again and we need your help!
Please consider donating towards our cause – any amount will help! We will be using a local business to send our healthcare workers meals, so we are both providing support to our restaurants and to our broader community. EPX is a non-profit, and we are dedicated to serving our community. EPX will match up to $250 of the funds raised.
Help us provide 25 local families with a Thanksgiving Dinner
Councilman Mark Squilla’s office has generously donated 25 turkeys to help launch our campaign to provide 25 local families with a Thanksgiving dinner. We’re committed to raising $800 over the next few days to so that the families have a complete meal. Please consider donating towards our cause – any amount will help!
Each family will receive a full meal including, turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, shell pasta and cheese, string beans, peas, corn, candied yams, corn, cranberry sauce, apple sauce, desserts and more.
Please note that we are raising funds to purchase the items rather than asking for canned-good donations.
Every contribution counts. Please consider donating today.
EPX will be assembling the bagged meals Tuesday, November 20 from 6:00pm-7:30pm at the East Passyunk Community Center. We will be distributing the bagged meals to confirmed families from 7:30pm-9pm at the East Passyunk Community Center.
If you’re interested in volunteering in any capacity, or if you have a friend or neighbor struggling this season who could benefit from a Thanksgiving meal, please reach out to email@example.com.
It’s time for the EPX In Bloom Gardening Contest! Featuring window boxes, planters, and arrangements, all homes within EPX boundaries with growing displays are welcome to enter and win prizes.
1. Entrants must live within the EPX boundaries (between Tasker and Snyder, Broad and 6th Streets)
2. Gardening display must be at the front of the house and in view of the public.
3. Display can be single planter/window box or multiple containers/window boxes, etc.
4. Display must use live plants designed, planted, and maintained by the resident/entrant.
5. Entrant acknowledges their home will be included in a walking tour map of all displays.
6. Judging will be done by a panel of judges and a popular vote on the EPX Facebook page. Entrants need to provide a photo of their garden display to be posted to the Facebook page. If you are unable to submit a photo, you can contact us to take a photo on your behalf. Photos will be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The activity of selling cookies is directly related to the Girl Scouts of America’s purpose of helping all girls realize their full potential and become strong, confident, and resourceful citizens.
* Girl Scouts practice life skills like goal setting, money management, and teamwork—and they have fun!
* Customers get a great product and get to support girls in their own community.
* All of the proceeds support Girl Scouting in the local community.
The Greater Philadelphia region is a cold place to be during the winter, especially if you do not have a warm coat.
Be part of the Greater Philadelphia Cares 17th Annual Winter Coat Drive.
Last year over 130 businesses, civic groups and individuals collected 6000 new and gently used coats that were distributed throughout the region…and EPX donated 79!
Every year, thousands of men, women, and children in the Greater Philadelphia region live through the cold winter season without a coat to keep warm. You may help provide them with this basic necessity. This event is a reminder that there are thousands of people whose only holiday wish is a warm coat for their children, parents, or themselves.
Bring your new or “gently used” winter coat(s) to the January 6, 2014 EPX General Membership meeting held at the Ss. Neumann-Goretti High School!
Giving Thanks! Each year, at this time, the Board of EPX through the generosity of our membership and area businesses, works to complete our annual charitable giving campaign! Donations are tax deductible as EPX is a 501(c)(3) exempt charitable organization! Donations may also be made at the December General Membership meeting or through the Paypal link below. EPX donations this year started by identifying needy families from local Catholic parishes and Southwark Elementary School.