Committee Members: Darren Fava, David Goldfarb (chair), Peter Iezzi, Joseph F. Marino, Roger Bruno, Lee Tharps, and Ian Toner.
Usually held the fourth Wednesday of every month at 7:00PM. Check below for the next meeting’s date and location.
Below find our comprehensive list of all current and past zoning committee hearings, with the resulting decisions by EPX and the ZBA.
Latest Committee News and Events
Zoning Meeting: Wednesday, September 17th at 7PM
Join us for our zoning meeting on Wednesday, September 17th at Neumann Goretti’s Media Libray (Room 211) at 7PM.
700 Moore St (CMX-1): Variance for takeout restaurant.
800 McKean St (CMX-1): Variance for two residential units on second and third floor with existing commercial use on first floor.
Children’s Hospital Community Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
Here are the highlights of recent meeting held with CHOP as it pertains to the project at Broad and Morris:
Loss of Parking and Barrier/Site Fencing Installation
- Starting on September 10, 2014 there will be no parking on the south side of Morris St. and the north side of Castle St., along the borders of the new project.
- Starting on the morning of September 11, 2014, the existing construction fence will be modified (the bottom portion of the fencing will be a solid barrier, with the top portion a fencing) and relocated into the street, temporarily eliminating the parking lanes on the south side of Morris St. and the north side of Castle St., along the borders of the new project.
- CHOP has already distributed letters letting the neighbors know this would be occurring, though not specifying the date. On September 8, CHOP will distribute letters to the houses across from the project reiterating the temporary loss of parking.
- Demolition Activities are scheduled to start on September 12, 2014 and will take approximately 4 weeks to complete.
- The site will be flattened and then construction is scheduled to start in mid – October with foundations being the 1st construction activity.
- Perryman, the Construction Manager for the project, is scheduling pest control for early next week, ahead of the start of demolition.
- Perryman is responsible for the cleanliness of the site and for trash removal from the site and is arranging to have the existing trash on site removed. They will also maintain the site throughout construction.
- There will be security cameras erected shortly along with signs that indicate the site is being monitored by cameras. This should help with people tossing their trash onto the site.
- Please continue to use CHOPcommunity@email.chop.edu and 267-426-6904 for any question and concerns.
- Questions of a technical nature will require time to respond.
- RCOs will continue to use their email lists to communicate information relevant to the project.
- Community Advisory Committee meetings will alternate sites for future meetings.
- A doodle poll will be going out for our October meeting shortly.
Broad and Morris CHOP Update
A message from CHOP regarding the development at Broad and Morris:
Planning is underway for site preparation and demolition of 1700 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19145.
We are committed to keeping our neighbors fully informed throughout this process. To that end, the following actions will be taking place starting Friday, June 27:
A guard shack will be erected and a security guard will be on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week starting on Friday morning June 27.
The construction fence will start to be erected around the perimeter of the site on Friday morning, June 27. This should be complete and the site secured by Tuesday afternoon, July 1.
Construction equipment on site associated with building the fence will consist of: a small drilling rig, construction/delivery trucks.
Abatement activities are scheduled to start Monday morning, June 30.
All abatement will be performed in accordance with municipal, state, and federal law.
The windows and fascia of the Health Center will be removed to facilitate the abatement activities. A temporary plywood exterior wall will be built in front of the existing wall before this occurs.
Equipment on site associated with abatement activities are: air filtration devices (within building/enclosures), forklift, secured box trailer for loading waste, secured trash dumpster
Debris will be removed from the site each day.
At this time, no street parking will be lost by the erection of the fence or the abatement activities.
The contractors will only park on the worksite.
SEPTA Stop, Subway Entrance and Newspaper Stand:
The SEPTA stop, subway entrance and newspaper stand will remain open.
Immediate questions or concerns regarding the site preparation and abatement will be responded to by:
This is a dedicated email set up for neighbors to communicate with CHOP during this process. We appreciate your feedback, and will continue to communicate further developments as the project moves forward.
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
EPX Zoning Meeting: Wednesday, May 28th
Join us for our zoning meeting at 7PM on Wednesday, May 28th at Neumann-Goretti’s 2nd Floor Library, Room 211. Open to the public. All are welcome.
1648 S 12th St (CMX-2.5): Adding an additional one bedroom apartment (total of four: 2 1BR, 2 2BR) to previously proved restaurant with apartments above.
1906 S 13th St (CMX-2.5): Legalization of duplex without commercial use on first floor.
1648 E Passyunk Ave (CMX-2.5): Liquor License transfer for by-right restaurant from team behind Cheu Noodle Bar.
Zoning Meeting TOMORROW, April 23rd @ 7PM
Join us for our zoning meeting at 7PM on Wednesday, April 23rd at Neumann-Goretti’s 2nd Floor Library, Room 211. Open to the public. All are welcome.
1742 E Passyunk Ave: CMX-2.5: For the addition of a second and third story rear portion of a third story structure in excess of the allowed open space and rear yard limitations.
1129 McKean St RSA-5: PERMIT TO CONVERT FIRST FLOOR FRONT, FROM BEAUTY SHOP TO AN APARTMENT WITH TWO EXISTING APARTMENTS FOR A TOTAL OF THREE APARTMENTS (AS PART OF AN EXISTING ATTACHED STRUCTURAL)